ARToVANCE: taking art from here to there and everywhere
By Sarah Squires WINONA POST (1-9-11)
“The physical side to ARToVANCE is simple: a series of booklets thick with blank pages, waiting for art — any kind of art, from the young and the old, from the professional artist and the young child, to the photographer, poet, to the artist that is in all of us. A person creates something on a page, and then wraps the booklet in postal paper and sends it on, each binder taking on a life of its own along its own unique journey around the world.
Alongside that physical element, artists are encouraged to take a photo or scan their image, then post the art online, allowing people to track the project, to follow the vivid blur of its movement around the globe.”
Further ARToVANCE information:
The multidimensional connections to the ARToVANCE project include:
ARToVANCE was launched on December 30, 2010 from Winona, MN USA. It is a worldwide art project that has no end.
- The word “ARToVANCE” is also the art.
- ARToVANCE is anywhere the word itself is. Moreover, anywhere there are letters that can form the word, “Artovance,” ARToVANCE is there in an abstract form. Examples: keyboards, computers, phones, alphabets, dictionaries, books, newspapers etc.
- By tagging anything you do online as ARToVANCE, you are connected to the project.
- By becoming a friend of ARToVANCE Group or Art Artovance on Facebook, you are connected to the project. You may also post your artwork on the Facebook wall to further become a part of the project.
- By taking a photo of the cover of an ARToVANCE book in a particular place, you are connected to the project.
- Anywhere on the Internet, you can say ARToVANCE is in your town, city, state, country, etc., and you are now connected to the ARToVANCE project.
- ARToVANCE transcends cultures and boundaries, meaning that any culture may adopt the word and its meaning aka “Art to Advance”.
Thank you for creatively connecting the world!